Welcome to project 365. This writer of ghost stories, mother of two, and wife to the Professor, aka "Ghost Hunk" (for 18 years), finds inspiration everyday, even if she sometimes forgets. So for the next year, I will document these little epiphanies, whether it's a bug on the windshield or some brilliant, breathless moment in this crazy life or something in between.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Day 78

Warning to the men:  Chick stuff here.



On this Father's Day, the boys went their way (to see The Green Lantern) and the girls did their own thing after a lovely family brunch.  With the men out of the house, Ghost Daughter and I had our own little spa day and the talk.  Who knows when puberty will strike the big blow, so I've prepared our girl for what is to come.  

We had tea and M&Ms while we talked about the changes her body is going through and looked through this fabulous little book, Just For Girls.  I had samples of the necessities so they would not be so scary and took her through the general routine.  Then we talked about skin care and painted fingernails and ran pink streaks through her hair just for fun.  (It washes out with the next shampoo).  

So while the men were out getting their macho fix, Ghost Daughter and I had some good old-fashioned girl talk.  HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahhhh. I wish you'd been my mom. That is the sweetest thing ever. My mother was too embarrassed to buy certain "products" for me. Had to buy them myself. You get my "mom of the year" nomination for this one.

Ghost Girl (aka, Mary Ann) said...

Awww, thanks. My mom told me nothing and that ignorance scarred me for life! I was determined that my daughter would get the scoop and be prepared and comfortable with her body and talking about it all. It was a truly awesome day!