Welcome to project 365. This writer of ghost stories, mother of two, and wife to the Professor, aka "Ghost Hunk" (for 18 years), finds inspiration everyday, even if she sometimes forgets. So for the next year, I will document these little epiphanies, whether it's a bug on the windshield or some brilliant, breathless moment in this crazy life or something in between.

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Day 29


Golf Widow?  Sort of...  Ghost Hunk and I played golf together today. I have a love-hate relationship with the game.  It is quite cathartic to smack the crap out of a ball and stuff it in a little hole.  Of course when the little hole decides to play possum, the whole thing can drive you to need therapy.  Fortunately, today was a catharsis day.  It will never replace my horses or my farm or my access to endless diversions and cultural manna, but it is something I can do with Ghost Hunk and something that can at times offer an almost zen-like escape.  Until I triple bogey the next hole, anyway...

This little scene sits beside the 8th hole.  That bridge leads to the 11th tee and welcomes the occasional egret or ibis or family of ducks.  The alligator prefers the pond at the 16th hole.

No comments: